Tel Aviv and Jaffa Tour
One of the oldest settlements along the Eastern Mediterranean. Pharaoh Thutmose conquered the town which is mentioned in the Bible. Later, the Crusaders used its port. Starting 1291 Jaffa was ruled for centuries by Mamlukes, until 1917, when the British general Edmund Allenby led the Egyptian Expeditionary Force to conquer the city. In
1950, Jaffa was incorporated into the Tel Aviv municipality.
This is the first Jewish neighborhood built outside of Jaffa. The tour brings us back to the first days of Tel Aviv. By the end of the 1980s, efforts began to renovate and preserve Neve Tzedek’s century-old structures. New establishments were housed in old buildings, most notably the Suzanne Dellal Dance and Theater Center and the Nachum Gutman Museum, located in the artist’s home. This gentrification led to Neveh Tzedek’s rebirth as a fashionable and popular upmarket residence for Tel Avivians. Its main streets became lined once again with artists’ studios, including the ceramics studio of Samy D., alongside trendy cafés and bars, and more recently boutique hotels and shops selling hand-made goods to wealthy Israelis and tourists